Thursday, March 19, 2009

My first of many...


So, I have always been facinated by the cakes designed on all the wedding shows and, of course, on Ace of Cakes on The Food Network. I always wanted to try working with fondant and now I have! My first attempt went pretty well. Of course, my lines could have been straighter and the balls around the base could have been rounder, but hey, I'm going to cut myself some slack. I made both the fondant and buttercream from scratch, but the cake mixes are from a box (I will be testing out homemade cake recipes next!). I dyed the fondant the different colors, rolled it out, and cut out the strips and shapes.



I'll be making a cake for a baby shower and I've got a lot of great ideas. I'm going to be practicing so I'll be sure to post new pictures as soon as I can! I'm also doing a few birthday cakes and I have ideas for those, as well. I'm hoping this turns into something, assuming I can make them all look pretty.




Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment