Saturday, March 21, 2009



As I said in the last post, I am doing a cake for a baby shower next month and wanted to do some trial runs before the big show. I had found some great ideas on this awesome website http://www.cakecentral.com/ I really wanted to try the baby clothesline so I gave it a shot. It turned out alright, but I believe that it will look much better on a) a bigger cake and b) if I don't make the "clothesline" droop so low.
The teddy bears are of my own design and turned out really cute. The multi-colored blanket the top bear is sitting on was made after I initially cut out circles to put on the top layer and changed my mind so I rolled all of them together and it made a cool tie dye effect. I wanted to use it so I made it into a blanket and put the one bear on it. As for the baby banner, I probably should have just colored some buttercream and written it on there with it, but I wanted to see how this would turn out and it was late. LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment